Saturday, July 01, 2017

(Sort Of) Sunday Swing Socks

This was another uneventful pair. I saw someone else's Sunday Swing Socks and thought the stitch pattern would be fun to try with some sock yarn that's been in the deepest depths of my stash.

Pattern: Sunday Swing Socks (with modifications)
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories, Fly Fishing 

It was fun and the socks knit up quickly, maybe because this yarn is a little thicker than the other stuff I've been knitting with recently and maybe because there are so many knit stitches and the stitch pattern is so easy to follow, just regularly spaced k2togs and yarn overs.

Until the very last minute, I planned to knit the pattern as written. Then I decided that I didn't want to mess with a cuff  down pair or a heel flap. I wanted to use the stitch pattern -- and knitting it toe up made my stitches slant the opposite direction, but they're slanting and that was the whole point of the thing.


 I think I've only got two skeins of Knit Picks Sock Memories left in my stash and I'm going to miss it once it's used up. This was some of the first sock yarn I ever ordered and I still love the colors of it.

1 comment:

Dar said...

Michelle, Very pretty socks. I know, you saw the yarn in your stash yesterday and today they are finished !! lol Just teasing. I'm making zucchini bread instead of knitting today, plus the house is crying for a little attention from me. It really gets in the way of knitting when you have all these other things to do. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails