Thursday, July 13, 2017

{I've Been Reading} If the Haunting Fits, Wear It



If the Haunting Fits, Wear It, the latest in Rose Pressey's Haunted Vintage mystery series, is a fast fun murder mystery. This time there are two unrelated deaths for Cookie Chanel to figure out so she's got two extra ghosts to deal with. The spirit she picked up in an attic full of vintage clothing follows her to the Kentucky Derby, where a dead jockey needs her help. This one was fast paced and a lot of fun. While Cookie works to solve the mystery at the racetrack, her friends and family at home try to figure out the other murder. I enjoyed this one more than the previous book in the series.



Advertising agency owner Tobi Tobias is back again in 30 Second Death by Laura Bradford. She thinks she's doing her friend Carter a favor by casting Fiona Renoir in the commercial she's filming for a local salon... then Fiona winds up dead and Carter is the main suspect. When I wrote about the first book in this series, I complained that Tobi complained too much about her financial situation. The writing was great, but I wasn't sure I liked the main character very much. In this book, Tobi's circumstances have improved considerably. Her life is still a bit complicated, but she's happier and a lot more pleasant to read about. The mystery was intriguing and kept me guessing and I'm looking forward to the third book in the series.

Disclosure -- I was provided with advance review copies by the publishers. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

PaulaMadeIt said...

I love the Cookie Chanel series. I will have to Check out Tobi Tobias.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails