Thursday, July 27, 2017

Halloween in July is Over

Look what I finished! For a ninety-nine cent thrift shop cross stitch kit, it's pretty dang cute. I'm thinking about maybe tea-dying it and adding a black ruffle around the outer edge, but for now it's done. 


The kit, which wasn't a brand I'm familiar with, only left me with one complaint. There is barely enough room for the design on that pre-made banner. I did my best to center the design and was one stitch too far for the left. Any more than that, and I wouldn't have had room for the letter H.


Other than that, the colors were pre-sorted and there was more than enough of each color.  The chart was large and easy to read unlike the chart I'm using now, which I'll tell you about in a few days.

I'm glad I decided to pick up my cross-stitching again. I'd forgotten how much fun it is.

This post is linked to Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

chrisknits said...

So cute! And the embellishment ideas are endless!

Amanda Best said...

Adorable!Great job!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michelle,
How cute is that little banner - and you are ready two months ahead of time (because you can hang it a month before the day)! Good for you. I have been doing some cross stitch again myself after a several month break. Can't wait to see what's up next. ~smile~ Roseanne

grammajudyb said...

I hope you'll share with us if you decide to tea dye it and add a ruffle. What fun to be ahead of the season.

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails