Sunday, August 28, 2016

I Think I Found the Perfect Fabric

When I admitted that the time might be  coming to retire my beloved Nancy Drew bag, I knew the hardest part would be finding the perfect fabric. It has to be something that I absolutely love, that I won't get tired of if I carry it around every day for a couple of years. Something that can compete with those book spines...

And it's got to be something from my existing stash.  I've got gorgeous fabric I still love years after purchasing it, but the ladies in vintage Barbie-style dresses are on a light background that would show dirt. The vintage school prints will scream "homeschool mom" just a little too loudly. The vintage circus posters (which get bonus points because they came from one of Grandma's thrift store bags) might be a little too adventurous for an everyday bag, but they reminded me of  this print....


I think I've got the basis for my new tote bag! There's only a fat quarter in my stash, but that's actually more than I had of the book spine print. And I've got red and black yardage that I bought when I thought this was going to be a wall quilt.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 18 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 12 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 4850 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 7366 yards
Net added for 2016: 2516 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

What fun! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Lcrrkhs said...

OMG Perquacky blocks!!!!! They are the SOS ones on the right.

Amanda Best said...

That is a great fabric for a tote bag! I am sure it will be lovely.

Anonymous said...

That's just fun. It'll make a great tote bag.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails