Sunday, June 26, 2016

Self Control


There's a costume shop in town that always catches my eye when we drive by. How could it not when at one point they had the plant from Little Shop of Horrors in the display window? On Saturday I saw the ad for their going-out-of-business sale and Teenage Daughter hopped in the car. 

The ad said they had fabric and sewing machines, which was all the excuse I needed to indulge my curiosity. 


If I needed tuxedo dickies or swim caps, that would've been the place to buy them cheap. Or an adult size fish costume... or feathers... or sequins... It was a lot of fun to look and I'd love to know the stories behind some of those costumes.


There was fabric and it was very reasonably priced. Zippers were five for a dollar.  I behaved myself and only bought a white shirt for Quinn to use as a paint smock and a pair of (new in package) fishnet stockings to use for a science project we saw on Pinterest.

I kind of wish I'd brought the boys along, because they definitely would have talked me into buying the moon mask from the top picture. I spent a little too much energy talking myself out of that purchase and I'm already regretting it just a bit. For three bucks, I could have  called it a Halloween decoration. Or hung it next to the purple cow.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 5 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 12 yards (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 6 1/2 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 3550 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 5526 yards
Net added for 2016: 1976 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would have been as well behaved. Looks like a fun trip.

Kate said...

I very fun shopping excursion. You did a great job in the restraint department.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails