Wednesday, February 20, 2013

{What's Cooking?} Sour Cream Blueberry Pie



This week, Judy told us to use berries -- strawberries or blackberries or raspberries or blueberries or whatever we had... Does that include cranberries? Cranberry cheddar bread sounds really good right about now and I'm sure that I could find a recipe online since the one I used when I made it more than a decade ago is long gone.

The more I thought about it, the more cranberries seemed like cheating, or at least severely twisting the rules.

Then I remembered the the Sour Cream Blueberry Pie recipe from Jo's Country Junction.  I've been wanting to make it for the past year and a half. I've bought the ingredients more than once and the berries have gone into waffles and pancakes and everything except for Sour Cream Blueberry Pie.

I planned on using store bought crust until Teenage Daughter found out what I was up to. So she made the  crust and I made the filling and I think this might be one of my favorite pie recipes ever!



Patchwork Times What's Cooking

3 comments:

Knitters Notebook said...

Thank you for such a nice comment..

The pie looks wonderful!!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

This IS my all time favorite pie. I was just thinking I should get some sour cream to make one. There's still one or two bags of blueberries in the freezer.

Julianne said...

Looks wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails