Tuesday, February 26, 2013

{Whatcha Reading?} Spin a Wicked Web


I just finished Spin a Wicked Web, third in the Home Crafting Mystery series by Cricket McRae, and I'm ready to plunge right into the next book in the series.  That's one of the benefits of reading a series that's been out for a while -- you don't have to wait a year for the next book!

In this one, Sophie Mae is learning how to spin and she's horrified to find a member of the artists' co-op strangled with her very first skein of handspun yarn. Compared to the botulism poisoning in the second book and the lye drank by the victim in the first book, this one was a relatively peaceful death. But the mystery is just as intriguing.

When I started this series, I wondered how it was going to work, with the main character tackling a new craft in every book. It does work, and works well. The first book is about soap making, Sophie's career. The second book revolves around a preserves exchange. Everyone cans and makes jam, right? And in this book, she's just learning to how to spin. I can absolutely believe that she's got this many interests. According to the description for book four, she's learning about artisan cheeses while planning her wedding.  It really does feel like she's living a full life, not hopping from project to project.

To see what everyone else is reading, head over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

This sounds like a fun series. I think I might have to start a new want-to-read list.

Beth said...

I think I will have to add this series to my list!

Linda in Calif. said...

I saw this book and wondered about it. Thanks for letting us know.

Anonymous said...

I do have one coming from the library! Just waiting for it to show up. I'm looking forward to it.

Gail said...

I recently got one of the books in this series offered for free on Amazon. I think it is called Heaven preserve us. Your post has inspired me to put it next on my list. Thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails