Sunday, February 09, 2020

Peer Pressure and the Emerald City SAL

Some members of the PNW Stitchers recently decided to do the Emerald City SAL together and once I started seeing their pictures I remembered how much fun I was having with it before the end of the year. It was just the kick in the pants I needed to pull my own neglected piece out of its project bag. 

I've been worried about what would happen once I finished the towers. They only use three shades of floss and I knew that going back to sections with more color changes was going to be harder. Not hard because this thing is easy-peasy, but it would be harder than the towers....

So I gave myself permission to jump ahead to the next section and stitch the Wicked Witch. At the end of the evening, she was done. 


Now I need to decide whether to finish the towers (someone who's read the book recently enough, please remind me -- did the Great and Terrible Oz have a castle? What am I supposed to call this thing?) or stitch the flying monkey, which is super cute.


With only three parts left to go, I could actually finish this soon! 

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for posting this. I really like the chart, and it looks like you are almost finished!

Ruth said...

The Wizard of Oz lived in the Emerald City of Oz. It wasn't his own castle. I like the lion.

mpv61 said...

That "castle" is just the Emerald City, I think. It's even surrounded by a fence/wall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails