Thursday, February 20, 2020

Old Handwritten Recipes

The weekend before last, I hit the absolute jackpot when it comes to vintage recipe boxes. There must be at least seven hundred index cards in this box, all of them with handwritten recipes in someone's spidery old cursive. There are also some that were done on a typewriter, and a scattering that were cut out of magazines and newspapers. 


My husband and I had followed an estate sale sign out into the middle of nowhere, without success. The next morning, we saw an ad on Craigslist that directed us to the same sign, which now had another sign telling us to turn and go another eight miles.

It was an interesting sale with lots of canning stuff and kitchen stuff and lots of artsy stuff.  Not the kind of sale that I dream of finding, but this made it well worth the sixteen mile detour.

And  did I mention that I got it for a dollar?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails