Monday, February 03, 2020

2010 - 2019 -- A Decade of Finishes



When I was putting together my Year End Totals post at the end of December, it occurred to me that I could do a Decade End Post. I had to think for a while about how I'd do it, and if I wanted to do it. In the end, curiosity won out. 

This isn't everything, but it's probably most things. Some weren't in collages that worked with this format and I'm not going back through blog posts to try to count it all because that way lies madness. 

I knew I knit a lot of socks, but oh my gosh! Those are all adult size and all knit with fingering weight yarn. I apparently cope with stress by knitting and there was a lot of both over the past decade. 


I thought I'd switch to shawls for a while and there were a lot of those in various sizes and yarn weights.
I conquered my fear of zippers and made lots of bags.

Most of the quilting was in the first half of the decade before the sock knitting big bit and took over my life.
And then, two years ago, the cross stitch bug bit harder than the sock knitting bug and that took over my free time.

Lots and lots of WIPs don't appear here because they  aren't finished. Apparently I abandoned a lot of quilts along the way.

111 pairs of socks
24 shawls
114 baby quilts
14 big quilts
10 little quilts
34 bags
27 cross stitched pieces.

Like I said, those totals aren't completely accurate. Not everything is in the pictures, but it gave me a fun glimpse of what I've been doing for the past ten years.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails