Wednesday, February 26, 2020

{Estate Sale Temptations} That One was WAY Too Crowded!

I don't know what was going on at the estate sale we stopped at on Saturday. The house was way too small to hold that many people and the other shoppers were mean in a way I've rarely seen. This isn't Black Friday shopping and what they had in the house wasn't worth getting nasty over. 

I was asking my oldest son to get these off of the wall when an old man told us to get out of his way. (I don't think that's how that's supposed to work!)


Cross stitchers have been using these vintage metal trivets to frame small pieces and a friend asked me to keep my eyes open for them. I tried texting, but didn't get an answer before leaving the sale. That's okay, since if she hadn't wanted them I'm sure I could foist them off on someone else. It's easy to find one or two at this price, but never a whole wall full! 

There was some milk glass, but it was on a high shelf in a room full of people and I didn't need it anyway. 


What I did need was this bag from the Creative Circle, which was bulging with old needlework stuff. I couldn't tell quite what was in there, but for a dollar I wanted to find out. 



There were little mini sample kids from Creative Village Stitchery. The instructions are printed on the inside of the paper envelope. Not something I've seen before, but they're definitely the sort of thing I'm drawn to. 


Did you know that Avon made needlework kits? All that I got were the instructions, but now I've got something new to look for. Those bees and owls are right up my alley!


Has anyone ever tried to recreate a crewel piece from the diagram that came with the kit? I'm sure it can be done because where there's a will there's a way!

1 comment:

moosecraft said...

I'm thinking the host of the estate sale should have let in groups (of a certain number of people) in at a time...if for no other reason than safety. Looks like there was a lot of goodies there though! Those glass pieces would have come home with me...I'll have to watch your video to see more...
I haven't recreated a crewel from the pic....though it seems simple enough if you know the stitches....no need to be a perfect recreation either...or even the entire design....just have fun with it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails