Wednesday, February 14, 2018

{Books and Yarn} A Grave Issue

I'm learning from my own mistakes here. Not as quickly as I'd like to, but I'm getting there. This shawl doesn't have a garter stitch tab start and I'd like it much better if it did...but I wasn't picturing that in my head when I read the instructions for the setup row. Maybe with my next shawl, I'll get that part right.


What I did get right with this shawl was to cast on before I finished the one that was already on the needles. Even though I had the yarn and pattern picked out, I wound up printing three different patterns before actually casting on.



A Grave Issue by Lillian Bell

Former journalist Desiree Turner isn't investigating the news anymore, but her name keeps turning up in the local paper no matter how little involvement she actually has with the story. All she wants is to pitch in at the funeral home her family has owned for generations and to forget the on-air disaster that ended her career.  When a dispute over a dead emu leaves one neighbor dead, Desiree gets to work both planning the funeral and trying to clear the name of the friend who's been accused of the murder. The setting is intriguing, without ever getting too macabre or creepy, and the mystery kept me wondering what was going to happen next.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copies by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Dar said...

This book sounds interesting. Do you know if it is out in an audiobook format?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails