Sunday, December 18, 2016

Stash Diving


It's been a year since I last found a scrap bag worth buying at the thrift shop. Maybe they aren't as plentiful as they once were -- or maybe I've just got bad timing. I can't complain too much, since the fabric I found last November has been sitting untouched in a tote ever since.

Now a bunch of it is cut into 2" strips, ready to be assembled into sixteen-patch blocks for the new experiment. And in one of those flashes of luck that you only get with scrap bags, a lot of the fabric was already cut into pretty accurate 3 1/2" strips -- which means that I divided each into a 2" strip for the experiment and a 1 1/2" strip for Scrappy Little Trips.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 30 1/4 yards (+4 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 23 yards

Yarn used this Week:  400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 7950 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9518 yards
Net added for 2016: 1568 yards

1 comment:

Podunk Pretties said...

Took a look at both of your scrappy projects, looks great. I was digging through my scrap bins this morning. The plan was to start a new project but I ended up just petting them for awhile and putting them all back in the bins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails