Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Along Came a Spider...

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
Along came a spider
Who sat down beside her 
And frightened Miss Muffet away





I just can't decide how I feel about her hair. If it was redwork, I wouldn't have to wonder why she had single curls sprouting out of her nearly bald head, but this is a multi-color project and I don't want to make all of the little girls blonde.

As soon as I started stitching this one, I found quite a few vintage Miss Muffet patterns that I like better.  My absolute favorite is this one from Urban Threads, which just has the abandoned bowl and the spider. I'm tempted to either buy the pattern for this quilt, or buy several of them (probably Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, and The Cat and the Fiddle) and make a little Mother Goose quilt. I want these dark fairy tale patterns, too. Because I obviously don't have enough embroidery patterns on the burner.

 So this one may or may not  wind up in the finished quilt. It depends on whether or not I actually stitch one of the other ones and whether or not I decide I'm okay with two Miss Muffets.

1 comment:

Suze said...

When I first looked at this, I thought it was made from variegated thread. I like the block.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails