Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm celebrating!

It's my birthday and my husband was scheduled to work a long overtime shift, so I'm enjoying myself by spending the day on a quilt that's just for me.

That Double Irish Chain with the sawtooth stars makes my heart go pitty-pat. I want one! Without the borders, which don't do a thing for me.



The original quilt, according to the library book, was made by Harriet Sophia Fyler Spicer in 1854. As soon as I saw it, I decided that I wanted one in blue and white. There's no pattern, so it took me a couple of days to figure out how to make the stars fit inside the chain, but I think I've finally got the math right and I've pulled enough dark blue fabrics from my stash.

I've done a Double Irish Chain before, and I've got most of my stars pieced, so I should be able to pull this off.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Your quilt is going to be beautiful, love blue and white, and stars too!♥

Helen in the UK said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday!! Hope you had fun. I can understand why you fell for that quilt - can't wait to see your version as it comes together :)

swooze said...

Lovely. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails