Monday, March 08, 2010

A couple of days ago, I was reading Love Laugh Quilt and saw one of those quilts that just makes me sigh "i want i want i want..." But I couldn't immediately figure out how it was done, so I gave up the idea and clicked onto something else. There's nothing like two or three days of messed up DSL to make you feel like following pretty rabbit trails.

Today, there's a tutorial that shows exactly how to make those spiral log cabin blocks. I've got just the right fabric to play around with when I try my own version.

This quilt at Nap Time News also caught my imagination. I found a couple of big hunks of striped fabric when I was sorting through a box of scraps last night and had no clue what to do with them. My stripes aren't nearly as neat looking as hers, but I think I'll see how they look in this pattern. And to make things even easier, it turns out that the pattern is in One Yard Wonders, which I bought Alex for Christmas.

And then I saw a link to Simply Strippy at Quiltville. I don't know if I somehow missed that pattern all of the other times I was drooling over that site, or if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to appreciate it, but those pictures of antique quilts have got my mind whirling.

I've been meaning to take decent pictures of the finished baby quilts, but after stumbling across all of this neat stuff, I think I'd rather go quilt.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

That spiral quilt is great - no wonder you fell for it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails