Wednesday, June 20, 2018

{Books and Yarn} Providence

I've got new socks on my needles and they're working up quickly. The plan was to cast on a new shawl, but that requires choices and at least a bit of concentration and I can do socks on auto pilot so this is happening until I can plunge into the shawl. I'm not going to complain about that. 





Providence by Caroline Kepnes

After being completely pulled in by You and Hidden Bodies, I couldn't wait to read the new book by Caroline Kepnes. This is nothing like her first two books and there was a moment when the story jumped narrators and I completely lost track of what was going on...but once I figured it out again I was completely and totally hooked. Jon is kidnapped and comes back four years later, with no memory of the time that he was gone. The only thing he knows is that he's completely changed and can't step back into his own life, no matter how badly he wants to fix things.

Oh, and if you want more of Joe from the first two books, there's an adaptation coming out on Lifetime in September. After watching the trailer, I'm pretty sure I'll be knitting or stitching along to this one.



A Passion for Haunted Fashion by Rose Pressey

This series always makes me smile. Cookie Chanel makes her living selling vintage clothing,  which often brings her into contact with the former owners of those clothes -- especially if they've died of unnatural causes. This time, Cookie is in the basement of a local theater, looking for 1950s dresses to costume a production of Cat on a Hot Tin roof when she picks up a new ghost. One of the actors in the play has been stabbed to death and her best friend is a suspect, so Cookie once again finds herself with two mysteries to solve.

Disclosure -- I was provided with advance review copies by the publisher. My opinions are my own. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails