Thursday, November 30, 2017

Old Fashioned Shoes and Burlap



This shoe print has been in my stash for a long time, although I looked up the blog post where I first mentioned them and it's not nearly as long as I thought it had been. It's a cute print but the fabric itself is almost like burlap and definitely not something that belongs in even the scrappiest quilt. 

I thought it would make a nice zipper pouch and set it aside until I conquered my zipper phobia. And then I forgot about it. It surfaced again when I was stash diving last year and I added it to the pile of fabric that's supposed to become bags. 

Last night,  I finally got around to sewing it up and in my tradition of grabbing whatever is suitable and closest to me I found the absolute perfect lining. I probably did have that when I first bought the scrap bag with the outer fabric in it, but it wasn't in a place where the two of them would have come together.

Sometimes waiting works out well.  


This post is linked to Crazy Mom Quilts and Bag It.

6 comments:

C said...

This bag is great and since my last name is SHOEMAKER, it would be perfect for me! I collect shoe fabric and have for years....someday I will put together something fun with it all.....Thanks!

cityquilter grace said...

absolutely perfect...that is what i call stash karma!

Mary Marcotte said...

What a sweet bag! I love the shoe fabrics--both of them. How lucky that they happen to have found each other. Too cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on conquering your fear of zipper installation!!

Patty said...

Great looking bag! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It

Dar said...

That is darling! What a stroke of luck to find both pieces when you finally got around to using them. Is that pattern for the bag called the potato chip pattern? It looks easy.?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails