Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Ugly Purple Socks

I have such mixed feelings about this pair of socks...


Pros
They fit well.
The yarn, Knit Picks Sock Landscape in Rocky Mountain Dusk,  is warm and thick.
The pattern, Express Lane, was fun to knit.
If the colors had to do something obnoxious, at least they did the same thing on both socks.

Cons
The yarn flashed and pooled and did obnoxious things.
All of that flashing and pooling  completely hides the pretty stitch pattern (which says that it's good for multicolored yarns and has plenty of pretty pictures on Ravelry to prove that it's true.)
There were three badly spliced spots in the  first skein and one in the second.

 

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

At least they serve a purpose, but not your prettiest for sure. It's a shame the stitch pattern doesn't show up.

Dar said...

I LOVE the colors and like the pooling look. I'd wear these with shoes that would show them off in all their pooling beauty !!! I'm sorry you spent extra time on a pattern that doesn't show up well. I hate yarn that has spliced knots within the yarn. I would think that Knit Picks yarn would not have this problem. So far I haven't experienced this problem very much. Maybe if you write to them, they can check and make sure that future products don't do this. Their suppliers should be told that Knit Pick customers are starting to shy away from their yarns if they experience this too often.

I would go buy this color right now if it were not for your comment on the spliced problems. That makes me think twice about Knit Picks yarn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails