Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Future Architect's Tool Kit

Quinn and I were both excited to get our hands on The Future Architect's Tool Kit by Barbara Breck. It looked like it might be something fun for the boys and it definitely delivers!


The book explains how to create plans and a model for a house, including site plans and floor plans and elevation. (It builds on the information presented in The Future Architect's Handbook, which I haven't seen yet.) I like the way the author presented so much solid information without overwhelming the reader. The imaginary clients at the end seem a bit too silly, but when I handed the book over to my future wildlife rehabilitator, he happily designed a dream home with rooms for possums. And a craft room, because in his mind all houses should have one.

Along with the book is a scale ruler, eraser, pencil, and sharpener. The box that holds it all is sturdy and has a velcro closure, perfect for keeping everything contained on a bookshelf.

I definitely recommend this one for creative kids.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

I'm married to an architect! What age is this appropriate for? Thinking of g-dtr, not hubby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails