Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Wicker Socks


The pattern is The Wicker Socks and the yarn is Knitpicks Stroll Tonal, Kindling. I'm just a bit giddy about how that all worked out. It couldn't have been more perfect if I'd tried to match them up.

I love these socks. They conjure up fun memories of the movie the pattern was inspired by, the yarn is yummy, they're nice to look at, and they're the best fitting patterned socks I've knit in a while.

The wicker transitions into flames, which is totally fitting. That end of that movie has always stuck with me. I think I read the book at a kid...unless somehow I did see the original move, which seems unlikely. I know that when I found it on television late one night, I already knew the story. The remake isn't nearly as creepy, but it provided great background noise/watching when I was working on my Endpaper Mitts.


This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, iknead2knit, and Crazy Mom Quilts

1 comment:

Dar said...

Your socks look beautiful. Lots of good detail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails