Tuesday, July 28, 2015

With That Clock Always Looming


What intrigues me most about this day-of-the-week embroidery set (which I found over at Q is for Quilter) is that huge clock that's looming in the background of every chore. I go through too many of my own days watching the clock, counting down how much time there is left before I've got to get dinner on the table, or go to bed, or get up in the morning.... More than once, I've caught myself still working on a project when I'm going to have to get to bed, sleep, and be up and at an appointment in six or seven hours.  Quilting is a lot more fun than sleeping, but sooner or later sleep has to win out.

Now and then we get a stretch of days when no one has to know what time it is. I wish there were more of those.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails