Thursday, July 02, 2015

Fischernetze



I was looking for another challenging pair of socks to knit. Fischernetze didn't turn out to be complicated at all, not once I got the stitch pattern established and dug out my magnetic chart holder. Once in a while there's a cable to cross. Every other row, there are a couple of k2togethers and yarn overs. The rest is knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches.

But doesn't it look a lot harder than that?



The pattern isn't a full pattern. Charts are provided for two different sizes and you're left to your own devices for the heels and toes. That's fine by me, since I usually wind up doing my own thing anyway. I started toe up with the medium size and then added stitches to the back after turning the heel. In hindsight, they'd fit better if I'd added  purl stitches in the front, too. Now that it's done, I can see how I could have made that happen without interrupting the stitch pattern. I did remember to center the pattern on the top of the foot, which I've forgotten before, proof that I'm getting better at this.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Nice work! You are fast!!! I just recently downloaded that pattern and that's all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails