Wednesday, May 13, 2015

{Yarn Along} Second Sock Syndrome



I've been suffering from second sock syndrome, casting on everything but the second Owlie sock. I don't care for top down socks to begin with, and I really don't care for these cuffs with all of that knitting to the back of the loop. Seriously, is there any reason I couldn't have just done knit stitches? It wouldn't have looked like the designer intended it to, but it would have made me less crazy. 

Now that the cuff is done, though, I'm on to the owls. I can do these. There's a rhythm to them that's easy enough to follow - as long as I keep my eyes on the chart. 



As soon as I finished Big Little Lies, I went onto the library's online card catalog and reserved as many other books by the same author as I could find. What Alice Forgot was the first one to show up on the reserve shelf. This book just about broke my heart. Alice is deeply in love with her husband and happily pregnant with their first child...or that's what she believes when she regains consciousness after an accident at a health club. Alice quickly learns that she's ten years older, her first baby and two others have already been born, and she's in the midst of a divorce. Everyone she loves has changed and, she unhappily begins to discover, so has she. This book was hard to read, and I mean that in the best possible way. At first Alice is so sure that if she can just get to her husband things will be better, but it's not. Everyone she thinks she can turn to knows things that she doesn't, and no one is really helping much to fill in the blanks.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


  Disclosure - The publishers provided me with ARCs.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

That is a great pattern! I love owlie things. Funny, you don't like top down socks, and I feel the same way about toe up. Everybody has their favorites, I guess, but I can sure relate to SSS!

Maggie said...

I have second sock syndrome on multiple pairs, so I know how you feel. They are going to be so nice when they are done, though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails