Monday, May 25, 2015

Not as Fragile as the Real Thing

One of these days I'd love to have a real stereoscope, but for now I'll be happy to have an embroidered one in my quilt. 


I see them in antique stores now and then, but if I bought one, I'd have to keep it under lock and key. My kids are fairly good at not messing with the vintage and antique stuff, but I'm not sure it would be fair to put out something that neat and expect them to keep their hands off. And they all look so fragile.

For now, I'm contenting myself with picking up the cards when I find extra cheap ones at estate sales.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Those old stereoscopes are fun. My in-laws had one, along with a bunch of cards.

Bonnie said...

Sounds fun. I can't remember ever actually looking at cards in one. I guess I'm not much for antiques... except the ones I inherited.

Suze said...

At first I read that as stethoscope, and for the life of me, I couldn't see one in the picture. I wonder why! Thanks for introducing me to something new. Speaking of stethoscopes, how are you feeling. Hope you are "back in the pink!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails