Thursday, January 10, 2013

Scrappy Trips Around the World in Green

All of these Scrappy Trips Around the World that I'm seeing lately have inspired me to finish the one I started for Quinn a while back.  The top has been done for almost a year now and I've had the fabric and binding all picked out, but I've dragged my feet when it came to finishing it....possibly because Quinn has decided that green is no longer his favorite color. Now he likes black.

Yesterday, I took it up to Mom's and quilted it on her longarm.


I wanted to use the same swirls I did for 38, but I keep forgetting that just because I can do something easily on my Janome doesn't mean I can reproduce the same pattern on Mom's machine.  These swirls are totally different. Not bad, I keep reminding myself, just different. I want these same swirls for the next baby quilt I've got planned, but I'll be quilting that one on the Janome...
 


Even if Quinn doesn't love it, the rest of us do. And having it done will keep from from feeling guilty about starting a new one.

8 comments:

heather said...

Nice!

I have one of these that I started quilting in spirals. Then the tension got off and I put it in time-out. That was 2 years ago I think. Maybe it has learned its lesson by now.

Louise said...

That's really pretty! I like it using all one color. It seems calmer than scrappier versions.

FeatherDuster said...

This is nice, done in the single color. This would be a good way to make a tiny dent in my huge drawer full of blues. (HOW did I get so much blue? :-O )

Nann said...

I like it!

When I make monochromatic flimsy (I've done blue, and theres a red one on the box) I am tempted to add applique. Imagine your green quilt with a large daisy, or something.....

janequiltsslowly said...

Ooh I really like this one. I'd probably have to add just a bit of sunny yellow or pink, too.

AnnetteJ said...

Oooooh! I love it. Finish it and put it away for when Quinn gets older. He may decide he likes green again.
Annette in Central AB

Vic in NH said...

Fine looking quilt, there, Michelle! also, thank you very much for the wonderful tutorials on baby quilts.

Betty said...

Very, very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails