Wednesday, December 07, 2011

meet Evil Santa



This guy used to scare me every year when Grandma put him out for Christmas, in the same way that Red Riding Hood and the wolf hiding behind her grandma's bonnet did. They scared me, but I loved them just the same.

For as long as I've known him, he's had that blue spot on his hand and I've been wondering where it came from. His belt is around here somewhere - it fell off earlier this week when my youngest was dragging him around the house in a bear hug.

I think I've seen one of his twins lurking in every antique store I've ever been to. He doesn't scare me anymore -- although I do wonder who decided to give Santa that particular face. What about those features says "Merry Christmas?"

Grandma decided to get rid of him a few years back and of course that meant he had to come live at my house. My kids, most likely inspired by Invader Zim's Santa Song of Doom, have named him Evil Santa.

And of course they've never been even the slightest bit afraid of him.

This post is linked to Time Travel Thursday, Treasure Hunt Thursday, and Vintage Thingies Thursday

10 comments:

Kirsten Harr said...

He would scare me too! My mom used to use this creepy little elf that hangs on our door knobs and he'd come out to visit with sticks in his bag when our rooms were messy and then he'd have lollipops when our rooms were clean--it was pretty creepy then, but really funny now!

My Life In Quilts said...

How delightful! My children loved stuffed anything, but were really scared of talking toys! I had to give away Tickle Me Elmo, and an old talking bear and Big Bird took the highway for my son.

Jill said...

He is a bit creepy - funny how they made things that look like that or like my angel - a bit sad and creepy at the same time...

http://jillslittlebit.blogspot.com/2011/11/some-elves-angel-some-shiny-brites.html

Coloradolady said...

He is unusual to say the least! I bet the blue mark is from a pen or something! He is cute however in a evil sort of way!! Happy VTT!

LV said...

This old Santa maybe be a little tired, but he still can bring on the holiday spirit.

Jan said...

Love fun, family traditions like that! He must have looked cheery when new!

Nani said...

My nieces would love him! LOL

I think I've seen Evil Santa too!

Anonymous said...

He is a little scarey but cute too! He seems a little grumpy for Santa. Thanks for sharing.

Benita

Anonymous said...

SCAREY-CUTE, HE IS!
THANKS FOR SHARING!
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

valdona said...

He is a coke cola Santa he had a bottle of coke in his hand there are 2 kinds black boots and white boots they had them in the early 1960s I have both but only one bottle of coke.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails