Sunday, July 22, 2018

Thrifted Fabric

Would you believe these batiks came from the Goodwill outlet bins -- and that there was a lot more of it? 


Sometimes thrift store fabric can be absolutely amazing. (Most of the time it's not.) I've been wanting to do a video about how we pick thrift store scrap bags, but it took me more than a year to find a bag that looked promising and also fit my budget. When you only make it to the thrift shop once a week at the absolute most, your odds are slim. I wound up finding the perfect bag in a store I've never seen fabric in before...and then there were the batiks and five yard lengths of Moda in the Goodwill bins.

Sometimes the unexpected happens.




2 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I can believe it! My most recent fabric finds have been batiks. I have noticed secondhand fabric prices have been rising so I have become more discriminating in what I have been buying.

GranChris said...

I go to 2 Goodwill stores, 2 Salvation Army stores, 2 Hospice stores and have never found a single piece of fabric worth buying. I need to shop where you shop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails