Tuesday, July 31, 2018

{I've Been Reading} A Merciful Death

I think most of my stitching friends are anxiously counting down to Halloween, but I'm just starting to get into our usual rhythm of summer days and we won't give it up our afternoons at the river until I absolutely have to. Not until mid-September at the very earliest. 


I can't remember where I first saw A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot mentioned. It's set in Oregon, in the small town where the protagonist grew up in a family of survivalists and preppers. Now an FBI agent, Merci has returned her her childhood home to assist local law enforcement as they investigate a string of local murders. Someone is targeting preppers and making off with their caches of weapons and although she knows that her background will make her an asset to the investigation, she isn't entirely thrilled about seeing her estranged family again.

I really, really got caught up in Merci's story. The murder investigation took a background to the details of her past and current life and I'm impatiently waiting for whoever has the second book in the series checked out to finish it and return it to the local library so I can find out where she goes from here. (If you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited, all of the books in the series are available for free.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails