Saturday, March 14, 2009

Racing the clock again today, this time in an attempt to have the borders on my thrifty quilt before I got online tonight. It's probably a good thing, because I ran into a couple of snags and if I hadn't been so determined to have it done this afternoon, I don't think I'd have kept going.

And it was definitely worth fighting my way through the pieced border. I love this quilt!



I did the math. I counted the strips for the border and figured out how much fabric I needed, and measured what was left of my shirts. I was sure I had more than enough, but by the time I was done, I'd scrounged every last bit of those dark shirts and was starting to piece itty-bitty bits together because I HAD to have that last border piece.

There's not a scrap left for the backing, so instead of trying to find another five or six shirts that match, I'm going to go to Joann's and try to find some shirt material in a similar color and texture.

Tonight's goal is to get that Double Irish Chain top assembled and maybe baste the turquoise and brown quilt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle,

I love this quilt! The colors are beautiful. Makes me wish I had time to work on one. I am bookmarking this for inspiration for the future!

Bari B - MO

Michaela said...

This quilt is beautiful. I can't believe it's all done from the shirts. Great work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails