Monday, December 11, 2006

Quinn's Bamboo Cardigan is done! Finishing that last sleeve took less than an hour and would've been faster if I'd written down what I was doing with the decreases before setting the project aside for a couple of weeks. I've got to start taking more notes, especially when I'm making up the pattern as I go along.

sweater


I had three skeins of Wool-Ease that was left over from a cabled sweater I made for Heath a couple of years ago, and this used up almost all of it. There's enough left to add stripes to a baby hat or pair of socks, but not enough that I have to worry about making productive use of. Feels good, since I didn't know what I was going to do with the stuff.

The pattern is my own creation, using two stitch patterns from the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary, Volume One -- Garter Ridge Rib on page 8 and Big Bamboo on page 28. Where the pattern changes, I had to increase a bunch of stitches because Big Bamboo pulls in so much more than the Garter Ridge Rib. The whole thing came out thickly textured and is very stretchy, perfect for a toddler sweater.

It does tend to pull open and I don't want buttons, so I'm trying to think up an alternative....toggles or something...

2 comments:

Pat said...

I wasn't going to comment again (don't want to wear out my welcome), BUT I had too!...That is the cutest little cardigan - I LOVE the stitches that you chose and the pattern- the little collar - so adorable. Toggles would be perfect!

Rachel said...

Hi! You commented on my sweater cables on the Cable KAL. I the cable pattern from 220 Aran Stitches and Patterns (vol. 5). I got it from our local library. I liked most of the cables in there; gives one lots of interesting ideas.

I love your cardigan, by the way. You know, I think I'm using the same yarn on my own cardi. Is it wool-ease in green?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails