Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Year End Totals

2014 was not our best year. My husband was in a head on collision with a drunk driver and the aftermath of that dictated most of our decisions and activities for the year. Things have finally started to settle down over the past two months, so I'm hopeful for 2015. 

As far as my knitting and quilting goes, it was my year for endless socks -- seventeen pairs total. One pair, the Mock Croc Socks, had some texture to it. The rest were just plain mindless knitting.  (I've also had the year of the scrappy baby quiltthe year I made more quilts than I knew what do to with, and the year of knitting big flat things that didn't have to fit anyone.)




I needed mindless projects to soothe my frazzled nerves and those socks definitely fit the bill. Even after I was thoroughly sick of them, I'd find myself casting on another pair, then another, then another...

In addition to the socks, I knit a few little stuffed things. Before this year, my track record for stuffed animals was horrible. I don't like sewing together lots of itty-bitty pieces, but the Monkey and Tardis Mouse and Egg to Alligator might have cured me of that. And Teenage Daughter's request for a Weasley Sweater in Slytherin colors reminded me that I can still knit sweaters, even if I do get the Intarsia letter upside down.


I finished fourteen new baby quilts...


I embroidered a lot of squares for what is going to become the Garden Party Quilt. It's not a finish, but it's a lot of progress, and searching Pinterest and Google for the craziest vintage patterns I could find was a great distraction.


Things have finally started feeling normal again over the past few weeks, so I pulled out and finished my Drab Postage Stamps and Cheddar Bowties. And two new projects -- Chocolate Covered Cherries and Little Letters.


5 comments:

Anikó said...

a very productive year! wishing you a very happy new year 2015!

Norece said...

For such a stressful year you really accomplish a lot. Congrats on all your finishes!
Hope your new year is full of many happy smiles.

Dar said...

I would say you had a stellar year when it came to sewing and knitting. I hope your 2015 is a good one, no major tragedies and more time to enjoy your hobbies. Peace and love to you in 2015.

Auntiepatch said...

No wonder that you were knitting so many socks! Knitting is a great "mindless" way to keep your sanity. I hope your husband is doing better.

Regina said...

Sometimes the mindless projects are just what we need! It all looks so great -and I adore the Tardis mouse! Best wishes for a healthy and low-stress 2015!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails