Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Cheddar Bow Ties -- My favorite kind of quilt!

I thought last week was the big reveal for Jo's Quiltville Challenge. Turns out that I had another week to get my binding on, so here it is again, all bound and ready to snuggle under! 


This is my absolute favorite kind of scrap quilt, the one where you get to use everything from the scrap bag as long as it's halfway decent quality. (And sometimes if it's less decent, if the color or print is exciting enough.)

I've got lobsters....


and geese and seahorses and the hind end of a Dalmation....


Halloween words and tea pots and teacups....


And spiderwebs and plaids and a zillion different kinds of flowers. It's like an I Spy for grownups!

14 comments:

harknessangels said...

Love that pattern and all the different fabrics!

Carol Swift said...

Great pattern and a perfect way to use up scraps...sweet!

Julianne said...

love that scrappy goodness!

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

Scrappy makes me swoon! What a great quilt...lucky person who gets to have it on their bed!

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Love your quilt, scrap quilts are so much fun. I have just sorted and cut all my scraps into organized sizes, having fun now making a scrap basket quilt.

Mary said...

I still need to quilt mine. I have a few novelties in it too. I loved playing I spy with my Celtic Solstice over the Thanksgiving holiday with my Grandchildren. Congrats on the great Finish. I thought last week was the final Link-up too.

Dar said...

Very nice. Love all the novelty fabrics.

Judy D in WA said...

So much fun! Congratulations on a fabulous finish!!
Dalmatian hind ends..haha.

Jo said...

It's wonderful Michelle!! It's my favorite kind too!

Megan said...

I also love quilts where 'anything goes' and there's so much to look at once the quilt is finished. Planned quilts made from yardgae of four or five fabrics = boring in my view!

Megan
Sydney, Australlia

Vera said...

Really nice pattern for a scrap quilt. Well done!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I'm so inspired! I need to make a scrap quilt. Or two. Or twenty. What a great use of your very fun scraps. I like the idea of an adult I-spy quilt!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

a lovely finish.. I always enjoy a scrappy quilt! Linda

Unknown said...

Very Nice! Blessings Always, Mtetar

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails