I spent the day Sunday helping a friend pickle brussel sprouts, so I'm sure it's okay that my retreat spilled over into this morning. And my entire list of things to do is DONE!
I pin basted the quilt I'm making for my friend.
All of the borders are on the thrifty quilt.
The Double Irish Chain is assembled. I'm not sure how that part took as long as it did, but it's done and I love the finished quilt top. Now I've just got to figure out how I want to quilt it.
I'm really loving this controlled-scrappy thing. There are about twenty different shades of brown here, but I think it still has the feel of a two color quilt.
I'm wondering which of the other two color patterns I can play with this way -- maybe Robbing Peter to Pay Paul?
I finished a bunch more blocks for the red quilt, and now that I can see more of it laid out, I'm no longer afraid that it's a waste of fabric.
And I got my spring postcards done. I've been really hung up about these, since all of the ideas I had were for applique and I wasn't sure I had the time or talent to pull them off. I'm sure I can do it, just not that I want to do it with a deadline.
Then I remembered how intrigued I've been by Chinese Coins lately and figured out how I could fit two panels of them onto a postcard. There are five strips in each row, measuring 1/2" each. It's by far the tiniest piecing I've ever done.
And the cards wound up measuring 4 x 5 7/8" -- I should have known to make them bigger than 4x6 and then trim them. I thought they were going to be bigger, but they weren't. It took me a while to figure out how to make them bigger without ripping out all four borders, but I did it!