Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There was an absolutely terrifying moment Sunday night when, after convincing myself that I really did want to start working on my Mystery Stole again, I pulled out the stuff and the pattern wasn't there. I had the portion of Clue #1 I was working on, but not the page to tell me what the symbols meant. And I was sure that the files had been deleted from the Yahoogroup when the pattern went on sale.

Thought the PDF files would still be on my computer, but the second one wasn't because I printed it out on that library trip from Hell.
Connected to the internet and logged into the Mystery Stole Yahoogroup even thought I absolutely knew the files weren't there any more, and guess what? I must've hallucinated that post where she said she was taking them down.

It was all way more dramatic than it sounds now, because I was sitting in the dark and hoping the computer noises didn't wake up Leif. And even though I knew I could just buy the pattern, I knew the odds of my working up the enthusiasm again after waiting to get the pattern weren't all that great, and that it would probably go the way of my first two Mystery Stoles.

But the patterns were there and I made it through the first clue and well into the second before realizing that I'd better stop for the night before I really messed things up.



I love this lace. I love the color of the yarn I'm using and the fact that it held up after I tinked the same row at least three times before finally deciding that one missing YO wasn't going to kill me.

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to do some more work on it becase this is the kind of project that I can't do with anyone else in the room, but I know I won't have to talk myself into it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails