Monday, April 25, 2016

And Still No Fabric

It's the end of April and I've only bought one yard so far this year. And that piece was sort of an accident. I've been telling myself that I was doing this so I could splurge without guilt when the guild had their fabric sale. The sale was on Saturday and I came home without any fabric. There wasn't anything more exciting than what I've already got here.

What I did come home with were three new sets of Q-Snaps. The clamps on the one I've been using seems to get a little creakier every time I re-position my fabric.  (Which kind of makes sense since it's something like fifteen years old and I've used it on just about every embroidery project I've posted here.)

I don't know if the ones I bought are any newer than the ones I already had, but the price was right and if one of my creaky pieces snaps, I'll have replacement parts.

The funny thing is that I had a set in my hands at the thrift shop a couple of weeks ago and put them back because the price seemed a little steep. Even though it was a lot cheaper than a new set would have been and I'd never stumbled across a used set before. Now I've got three sets for less than that one set would have cost me. (Three and a half sets, actually, because one has six bars.)

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 4 3/4 yards
Fabric added this week: 0
Fabric added year to date: 1 yard (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 3 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to Date: 2750 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 150 yards
Net used for 2016: 2600 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well! That must feel good. Deprived, but good. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails