Wednesday, April 20, 2016

There is a Plan For This

This messy progress picture may or may not give you an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish... 


For years, I've thought about knitting an afghan. Great-Grandma crocheted lots of them and it just seems like something a knitter should do. I keep finding crochet patterns I like and queueing them on Ravelry for someday when I actually learn to crochet...then I was digging through the sewing room and stumbled across a paper bag of really old green acrylic.

They're exactly the right colors for a Creeper, so I'm using the layout from my Christmas ornament tutorial and knitting garter stitch squares. If my supply of green yarn holds out, I'll make it longer than it is wide.

Along with the knitting, I've been reading...

A Dollhouse to Die For by Cate Price is the second book in the Deadly Notions mystery series, but I read it first because it's got a dollhouse in the plot. It's also got likable characters and a puzzling mystery that kept me guessing.

Mel is "glamping" with her more-than-a-little-eccentric assistant, Betty. As if that's not bad enough, she's being blackmailed by pet chef and she's the one who finds her tormentor's murdered body. Raiders of the Lost Bark by Sparkle Abbey contains all of the elements that make the Pampered Pets series fun. The flower basket brooch is back -- and missing. And we get a glimpse of the scandal that ended Mel's career a pageant queen.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy of Raiders of the Lost Bark. A Dollhouse to Die For came from the library. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, iknead2knit 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails