Sunday, January 17, 2016

Weekly Stash report


I've never found a full yard of  fabric in the bins at the Goodwill outlet, let alone a full yard of quilt shop stuff, but Teenage Daughter dug out this! It's got devils and skulls and scorpions, and I've got boys, so it came home even though I had no clue what I might do with it. I checked the selvedge and it's Loteria by Alexander Henry. A couple of etsy listings claim that it's rare and out of print... which makes me think that maybe I should think twice about what I wind up doing with it.

All on my own, I found a couple of sheets. One is pretty vintage blue flowers and the other is a solid brown. I know I'll use both, so they joined my stash. I haven't decided whether I'm counting sheets as yardage this year or not, or just keeping a tally of sheets.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 1/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 2 yards
Fabric added this week:  1 yard (+2 sheets)
Fabric added year  to date: 1 yard (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2015: 1 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 0 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net added for 2015: 0 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

If it were me, I would count it as sheets not fabric until I use one. Then I would count it as in and out. That fabric is interesting to say the least.

Dar said...

Very different fabric. I never see any "good" fabric yardage at our thrift store either. I think our Goodwill must not get any in because we have too many quilters in our area that belong to guilds. Sometimes there is a freebee table at these meetings that people get rid of what they don't wont.

Anonymous said...

What a great find! How lucky you are!

Sew Much For Free Time said...

Pssst..it's 2016! :) What a fun fabric find! I would not count the sheets.

Kate said...

Very cool panel. It would make a really cool quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails