Monday, December 29, 2014

Low Volume Postage Stamps

It started out with a baby quilt.  I'd seen a lot of pictures of low volume quilts and had lots of odd fabrics in my stash that I thought would work. A lot of it it is "what was I thinking?" fabric from my early days of quilting, but it was absolutely perfect for this project.


Alex saw the two low volume baby quilts and wanted one for herself, so I cut more 2 1/2" squares (skipping the prints with diaper pins and baby bottles but leaving in the sock monkeys) and spent a couple of months adding to the  pile whenever I found a likely print. Now, as soon as I can find that gorgeous backing fabric I bought for it, she'll have her quilt!

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

very pretty and calming quilt, love it.

Teri said...

love how your selections look together. Sometimes those "what was I thinking" fabrics are the best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails