Friday, January 04, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts! 1/4/13

My goal is to make at least fifty baby quilts this year and I seem to be getting off to a good start.

Meet Benny:



And Lucas:


I thought about pacing myself and saving some blocks for next week's quilt, but I decided that I might as well finish them while I've got the chance. There are going to be weeks that I can't finish a quilt, especially since one of my biggest goals is not to let this crazy goal of mine inconvenience the rest of my family too much.

 Want to join me? You don't have to set such a ridiculous goal -- you could do one a month, or one a season, or just one.

The quilts can be for donation, or for your own baby, or for a relative or friend's baby....I'm just trying to encourage you to have fun making little quilts. I'll be posting tutorials for the baby quilts I've created myself, and links to the patterns I've discovered online. And we'll have a linky party every Friday.

Someone asked if I'd be creating a Flickr pool. I don't use Flickr much myself, but I created a group for us, Let's Make Baby Quilts! Got some pictures you can add so I won't be all alone there? Please? 

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

I don't want to overwhelm everyone with a huge list of rules, but I do want this linky party to stay on the topic of baby quilts. They can be for donation, or for your own baby, or just because you think they're cute and want them in your sewing room, but they've got to be baby quilts. Link link directly to your post or specific Flickr photos.  Your post can be about a quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt related posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post more than once. I'd love it if you linked my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button















2 comments:

Allie said...

Wow....fifty...I'm amazed at your energy, and look you've already got two done! They're lovely, Michelle! I probably won't join in at all, but it will be so fun to see your progress toward your goal!

Denise :) said...

I like Benny! Look at you -- week one of the new year is barely coming to a conclusion and already you have two of your fifty done! You go, girl! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails