Sunday, January 13, 2013

I bought my first fabric of the year

I bought some fabric this week, but it was a planned purchase for a quilt that I can't make with what's already in my stash.  I've made a red quilt that used up yards and yards of red scraps, including the pieced back.  I've made a bunch of red and white baby quilts. 

There's not enough red left in my stash to make a quilt like Blueberry Moon's Keep Calm quilt. Mine will be different -- it'll say Keep Calm and Carry On. And the background will be pieced from 2 1/2" squares, because that's what I do....

I really can't tell you how badly I want to make that quilt!

Mom let me ransack her stash for  red fabric. She's going to cut 5" off of each of these for me, enough for 32 squares of each fabric. I think I'm going to need 900 total.
 
 

I've been to the fabric store and found nothing that would work, so when I saw the new Connecting Threads catalog with Rhapsody of Reds, I ordered half yard cuts of everything that looks like it'll fit. It looks like they've already sold out of my favorite print from the collection, but I'll happily take what I can get.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 5.75 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 9.25 yards
Added this Week: 10 yards
Added Year to Date: 10 yards
Net Added for 2012: .75 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 0 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Added for 2013: 0 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I saw the Connecting Threads catalog and wanted to order all the reds. But I've already bought more fabric than I need right now, so I'm trying to resist temptation

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Aren't those reds the bomb? I couldn't resist and ordered a fat quarter bundle and a layer cake because I've been dreaming of a red and white quilt for the longest time and this will give me a good start!

Denise :) said...

900 is an *awful* lot! The quilt I want to make with all of Ellie's *weeks* fabrics will take about 800 or so. It's a fading charms pattern ... same sort of idea with 2.5" squares of scrappiness, along with strips of white. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails