Sunday, June 24, 2012

We've got more curb appeal!



Or something like that.... The house definitely does look cuter with the new shingles than it did with the old brown three tab stuff. But getting a new roof just isn't fun. It falls into that same category of necessary but yucky expenses as root canals and having a new well dug.

If the weather cooperates, the roofers should finish up tomorrow and I'll be that much closer to having my regular routine back. As much as I've been complaining about the noise, it's all "getting the roof on the house" noise. They don't play loud music. And they don't use foul language, at least not that me or my kids can hear. I can't say the same for the men who installed our carpet or the mean who delivered the new kitchen appliances a few years ago. I think I learned some new words from them.

Weekly Stash Report

It wasn't an exciting week, at least not as far as my stash is concerned. I used a very little bit of fabric for the doll quilt, I posted on Tuesday, and ordered backing and backgrounds for three quilts I'm working on.

Fabric Used this Week: 1/4 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 31 yards
Added this Week: 15 1/2 yards
Added Year to Date: 123.75 yards
Net Added for 2012: 92.75 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Hey -- it really does look cute! Hope it's finished up without incident today! :)

Emma Phillips said...

Yes, it does looks cuter. So, what time would they finish it? I'm guessing it would be done by tomorrow afternoon, if the weather cooperates with them. A piece of advice: it would be better if you replace your sidings with gray colored vinyl. Your house will definitely look more balanced.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails