Monday, June 04, 2012

Hocuspocusville

I've got a huge thing for those Halloween villages that start popping up every September. I've adored those creepy, intricate little buildings for years, but I've never bought one. Hocuspocusville by Crabapple Hill Studio immediately reminded me of those villages.

It's really the perfect solution for my house. Once it's done, I won't have to worry narly as much about finding a safe place to display it. I can keep it away from the boys while still enjoying it...that's the plan, at least. Whatever becomes of it, I'm enjoying the stitching.



This is one short evening's worth of embroidery. It's going much more quickly than I expected and something about the little addition to this potting shed conjures up memories of my Great Grandma's added on kitchen. I've got these half-formed memories of a moss covered roof and uneven siding dancing at the far corners of my memory while I'm stitching. And even though I'm sure those memories don't have much in common with the reality of that old house, which was torn down when I was little, I'm enjoying the process.

That's what's going on in my sewing room this week. To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That looks like a fabulous pattern. I'm not much into the time it takes for embroidery, but I'm sure it would work with pigma pans, or permanent fabric markers.

Allie said...

That looks like a really fun project!!! I love those spooky houses too - I've admired that pattern for a long time!

marcella said...

Your embroidery looks great! Those Crabapple Hill designs are always so darn cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails