Sunday, June 03, 2012

The doily rag rug is done!



This was definitely one of those "because there's a free pattern and I've got the materials and it looks like it might be fun" projects. Would I do it again? Maybe. The same designer has a free pattern for a bathmat with a cable. Would I try that one? Not this week. Knitting lace with the strips of fabrics was challenging. I'm not sure I'm up to cabling with them.

My joins aren't quite right and and the long edge is a bit wonky, but I'd be willing to bet that I can block this thing into submission and bury those poky little ends deeper into the fabric once I get motivated enough.

For now, I've got embroidery to do.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 3 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 30.75 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 101.25 yards
Flung --36 yards (96 yards total ytd)
Net Added for 2012: 66.5 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I still think it is a fabulous idea and I do like the looks of it when it is finished.

Allie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Looks great - my grandmother use to do that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails