Monday, January 30, 2012

thirty eight fabrics in one little quilt



I dragged my feet when it was time to start this little quilt, but once I got going I really fell in love it with. Thirty-eight fabrics in a twelve inch square? Little half inch finished strips? What's not to love about that?

Now that its time to quilt it, I'm dragging my feet again. I don't know what I want to do. Meander? Stitch in the ditch? Or maybe try out hand quilting? I've been planning to try that and this is such a little quilt it should be manageable. If I don't like my results, I can always pick it out and do it again my machine, right?

Hop over to the Quilt Square Quilt Along Linky Party at Jo's Country Junction to see how the rest of the little quilts came out.

Nothing really new going on with my design wall this week. I keep going back to UFOs -- not a bad thing, but I'm going to have to scoot to start a NewFO for the linky party over at Cat Patches tomorrow.




To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times. And don't forget to enter my 1000th post giveaway. You could win a whole stack of the quilting and knitting books that make my heart go pitty-pat.

8 comments:

beaquilter said...

is this the whole quilt or just a block?
I think SID is too much for this one.
are you good at making feathers? what about a large swooping feather, one each on the white and dark parts, with the spine beeing half way all the way and ending where the dark and light meet in the corners.
TRY it :-)

Michelle C said...

Noooooo! Don't hand quilt it!

As charming as it could possibly turn out, if this is your first time hand quilting it will pi$$ you off because of all those seams to fight through. Take this little beauty to your machine.

Libby said...

Oh! I love your Log Cabin Square! I did hand-quilt mine. I went the easy way and avoided the seam intersections. I went fast..but I should say that I do a lot of handquilting. No matter how you finish it will be lovely, I'm sure!

Denise :) said...

You really should try out the hand quilting! And goodness knows, hand quilted stitches are a WHOLE lot easier to pull out than machine quilted stitches. LOL! I see you've got another nine-patch heart, too! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! 38 fabrics?!?! That's amazing!

Jo said...

Looking good. Are you over your small piece fear? Do next month's block, you'll be cured for sure.

Lynn said...

Good job with the piecing, very pretty fabrics. Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne Neuhaus said...

Your quilts are amazing. I'm trying to draft some of your patterns to make myself for charity, too. I'm stuck on the setting triangles for the pieced heart block. I've tried all day but I can't get it right. Are you allowed to post anymore directions for that one. I'd be so grateful.
Suzanne
Sneuhaus@hot.rr.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails