Sunday, January 22, 2012

scraps from Grandma



This week, Grandma found me a scrap bag with some orphan blocks in it.

I love the background fabric on those bow tie blocks and wish there were more blocks. Or just some of that grey solid so I could make some of my own. I'm thinking I'll assemble them into a lap quilt and bring it up to size with a pieced border made form recycled shirts.

The hearts are going into a baby quilt, and once I count the half square triangles, I'll figure out what I can do with those.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 4 1/3 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 7 1/3 yards
Added this Week: 5 yards
Added Year to Date: 5 yards
Net Used for 2012: 2 1/3 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 0 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Added for 2012: 0 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats on adopting the orphans :) Try Kona solids for some of that gray. I bet you could find a close match!

Needled Mom said...

Those bow tie blocks are fabulous. I hope you can find some more gray.

Jo said...

The bow ties are really cute. I cam coming to love those guys.

Denise :) said...

Sweet little hearts! I like the soft blues... I also LOVE the plaid bow ties!! Someone did a fabulous job with those!! :)

Dar said...

I love seeing someone else "adopt" orphans blocks besides me. I have a big box full, but not enough to make ANYTHING without making lots more. Yours are really nice looking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails