Monday, January 23, 2012

pinwheels!

From a baggie full of triangles to what will be nine complete pinwheels by the end of the day...



It took less than an hour of sewing. Not bad for one of those "I don't know when/if I'll ever feel like working on it" UFOS! I could have the whole top assembled if, for two days in a row last week, I hadn't decided that I felt rotten and wasn't going to sew.

The truth is that sewing lifts my spirits and makes me feel better. I need to remember that next time I'm feeling cranky about life.

To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I'm the same way when I don't feel great. I procrastinate sewing, but once I get started I don't want to stop. LOL

Bonnie said...

wow -- cute triangles quilt... are they cutoffs from Pineapple blossom over at Quiltville?

I am a sucker for red and white. And, one of these days I will make a red and white quilt for me. Well, a bigger one than the doll size I have already made.

Missy Shay said...

Can you give me more info on the yahoo group for treadle machines? I would love to join!
missysaprons@yahoo.com

Denise :) said...

Beautiful pinwheels!! Love the red and whites, so pretty! :)

AnnieO said...

Sewing as therapy--yep, it's true :)

I've been playing with red and white leftovers too. Love your pinwheels!

janequiltsslowly said...

Whee! That quilt is fun. Thanks for the inspiration and the tutorial. :D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I'm with you on sewing lifting my spirits :)
Great job with the pinwheels!

Gari in AL said...

Count me in on the spirit lifting of sewing. Sometimes, it is just going into the studio that makes me feel better. I have two days a week that I don't have time to enter the studio and then paperwork at home on the next day. I find that I have to talk myself over there but once there I almost can't leave I feel so good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails