Friday, January 20, 2012

no finish this week

I've just barely been getting my fifteen minutes a day done. Fifteen minutes of piecing at a time that quickly added up to these:



They're the borders for my own Extra Scrappy Pinwheels. I gave away the first one as soon as it was finished and wanted one to keep for myself. This time I'm making the borders a little different.

I knew I was going to need a second quilt, so I cut triangles for both at the same time. I finished up the first one and tucked the extra pieces away to work on later. There's no hurry to finish mine, but I needed something to run through my sewing machine this week and this was the closest UFO to grab. I didn't have the red squares or big white triangles I need for the pinwheels, so the borders got done first.

And now that I've got the borders done, I might as well do the pinwheels and finish it up. Maybe in time for next Friday's linky parties...

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Good idea getting your fifteen minutes in on the front end ... I find when I wait until late in the day I'm more likely to make excuses to not do it! :)

Jo said...

You can still link to Confessions of a Fabric Addict. You don't have to complete a project :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Neat borders and I am going to take a look at your scrappy pinwheels!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails