Sunday, January 08, 2012

I just came down from the sewing room

I have got to stop treating my sewing room like a storage locker. If it was up for auction on one of those storage unit shows, no one would bid on it. Unless maybe they saw the tiki or Aunt Molly's steamer trunk. But the fabric and yarn stash is such a mess I'm not even sure I know what's there anymore. Was it ever really as empty as it is in those pictures?

Now that I'm able to walk up and down those stairs again, I am going to reclaim my room. The cardboard boxes are going. The fabric will be sorted into yardage, and scraps for quilt tops, and backings. Fabric that isn't suitable for my projects is going to find a new home. Whatever it is my daughter decided to store out there while I wasn't looking is getting relocated, probably to the attic.

I'll have to tackle it all a bit at a time, but that room will be looking nicer by my birthday at the end of March.

Weekly Stash Report

A whole week into the new year and no fabric or yarn has followed me home! To be honest, there wasn't much temptation to resist this week. I've been watching Craigslist for quilters who are cleaning out their fabric stashes as part of their New Years resolutions and there's been nothing.

Fabric Used this Week: 2 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2012: 2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 0 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Added for 2012: 0 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times. And don't forget to check out my new pattern, 30s Barn Raising and enter to win a Moda Jelly Roll and the background fabric to make the quilt.

3 comments:

Mystica said...

I moved house and moved my sewing stuff as well into a room. It is still like this. I will join you in the resolution. March seems reasonable.

Denise :) said...

Good work! It's nice to have a consistent couple of zero weeks before the fabric intake picks up, yes?!? :)

Sarah Craig said...

I completely know how you feel! My sewing room looks the same way - piles of stuff all over! I have GOT to get it under control!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails