Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Do I ever have fun in January?

Actually, 2012 is feeling pretty good compared to the past few years. In her post for today, Coloradolady asks if we remember what we were doing January 4, 2006. I read it wrong the first time and thought she was asking about last year. This time last year, 2011 was just starting to fall apart. I can tell you even more clearly what I was doing on January 4, 2006 -- but maybe that's cheating a bit because I've got a lengthy hospital stay and emergency c-section to tie the date to.
I'm trying to be optimistic about this year.

One of my goals for 2011 was to spend at least 15 minutes a day piecing quilt blocks. Like all of my goals for last year, that one fell by the wayside quickly.

So I'm trying it again. Here's my first four days of piecing.



If I can get in my fifteen minutes tomorrow, I'll two little tops to practice swirly hearts on over the weekend.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Here's hoping you'll have a wonderful 2012. Looks like you're starting off well, with some pretty quilt blocks to show already.

Denise :) said...

Haha! Here's to a hospital-free January for you! I'm headed there next week (but not for me...for a BABY!) so I'm cool with it. I cut out all my 3" blocks today and am getting ready to piece. Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails